Today I had a friend stop by, and I was ignited by his energy for life. He was full of excitement for the things he was doing and it was contagious. It’s hard not to laugh around him and just get hyped along with him.
It made me think about the times in my life when I’ve been that way. What really gets me going. What makes me excited about everything.
I think there are a few things:
- When I’m really crushing on a girl.
- When I’m training for a big goal.
- When I’m about to go somewhere new to do something I love. (Mountain bike race in different location, new ski line, concert, etc.)
- When I’m in good conversation about really anything that sparks my interest with people who I enjoy talking to.
- When I find out a new truth, that really resonates with me and continues to appear in different places of my life.
There might be more, but those are the ones that come to mind.
Why should you care? What makes this important?
Every time I have one of these things going on, or even better, multiple I perform better in everything. I use my time better. I train better. I race better. I live better.
Think about what gets you HYPED. Because the HYPED person is a high performing person.